Saturday, October 28, 2006

Czech Business Ethics




Doing Business the Czech Way!




What is wrong with these Czechs?


Czech business ethics smacked me right in the face today. It left me completely speechless as I really didn't see this one coming.


The Czech ombudsman system which can be found in use at large Czech companies is somewhat strange to begin with. They are supposedly independant and be there to solve problems between clients and the Czech company in question.


So far so good you might think, right?. Unfortunately unlike in the US or in the UK, the Ombudsmen are in the Czech Republic on the payroll of the company for which they perform their ombudsmen tasks.


I am not sure exactly what the profile would be when a Czech Bank goes out and recruits a new Ombudsman but that is a completely different story.


Indepenant Ombudsman

Thats the biggest oxymoran I have heard in years.

How the heck can someone be independent if they are just another employee of the Czech Savings Bank? In our case it has become crystal clear.

More then 6 months ago we informed them of an error which had cost us Lot's of money. Managers of the largest Czech bank acknowledged that their staff had made the error and that I would get the money back within 2 weeks.


As the amount was high I needed this money to pay of suppliers as that was their money that the bank was sitting on. Well 6 months later I still havent received a cent although even the Vice President of Ceska Sporitelna Czech Republic had personally been in my office and ensures a quick solution. That was 3 months ago!!


The CSAS ombudsman had also promised me that within 30 days all would be cleared. That was over nearly 4 months ago. He just lies and lies to me. No interest in my urgent need to fix this. I don't understand these guys. It was clear they made a mistake, its even in writing.


Why then continue to hold these funds again all business ethnics. Come on, Its on paper even from you that you accepted blame etc. Now off course you are forcing me to take this to court which can take up to 2 years or even more. That's criminal behaviour from the largest bank in the Czech Republic.


Thank you Ceska Sporitelna for completely ruining my life and my finances. You will pay for financial damages that have been caused due to your lack of care and any form of auction and the amount will be considerable as you have paralyzed us with your complete lack of caring or customer service.


Thank you Ms. Placha for giving me wrong information, Thank you Ms. Salzburgerova for forgetting to send the charge backs to Visa Card and me having to remind you 3 months later, Thank you Mr. Fisera for doing absolutely NOTHING at any time so as to resolve this matter and to help me, you are not an ombudsman!


And last but not least, thank you Mr. VP. Still no English account rep after nearly 18 months. You promised me one but still nothing. How poorly educated are your business managers. Not one branch in Prague 1 or Prague 2 has one that speaks English or German. This is too absurd for words!

I really do hope that the Czech media will pick up on this are you guys have cheated me. Its as simple as that!


No comments: